Date of Post: 18 Dec, 2017
Melaranoor: Railway might start land acquisition soon for the construction of RoB (Railway-over Bridge) at the Melaranoor level crossing. As per the request of RBDCK (Roads & Bridges Development Corporation of Kerala Ltd), the PWD has issued fund for social impact assessment (SIA) study. Centre for Advanced Research in Human Behaviour will conduct a social impact assessment, which is part of land acquisition works.
- The PWD has allotted Rs 1.56 lakh to conduct the SIA study.
- As per the initial estimate, the work would cost Rs 40 lakh.
- The project involves the construction of a 508-m long ROB at Melaranoor.
- The general arrangement drawing of the project has been approved by the railways.
- It would take around 1-and-a-half years to complete the work, an official of RBDCK said.
Image Credit: Xeno Axe – Wikimedia Commons