Date of Post : 18 July, 2017
Pune: Work on the ambitious Rs 11,400 Crore Pune Metro Rail project is on full swing and the project will be operational by 2021.
The first line of the project will be operational by 2020 and the second will be operational by 2021, according to the officials of Pune Metro Project.
About Pune Metro Rail Project
- Estimated Cost : Rs 11,400 Crore
- No. of Phases : 2
- Train Length: 4 coaches
- Detailed Project Report: Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
2 routes have been identified for this phase which are:
Line 1: Chinchwad – Pimpri – Swargate, Length : 16.5 km
Line 2: Vanaz – Ramwadi, Length : 14.9 km
The second phase of the project will contain 2 lines and the extension of first phase:
Line 3 : Deccan Gymkhana – Bund Garden, Length : 11 km
Line 4 : ASI – Hinjawadi, Length : 18 km
Recent Updates About the Pune Metro Project:
- The Topography survey for the Metro Depot & underground route at agriculture college started and in progress as planned
- On July 12, Brijesh Dixit, MD, Maha Metro has visited the 1st pillar site near Nashik Phata to inspect it, along with the Pune Metro Team.
- Besides, Pune Metro is also conducting the tree plantation drive along with the Forest Department so as to make the environment clean and green.
- According to the metro authorities Civil Court will be the interchange station for all the three routes proposed.
- To meet the requirement of Funds, the Centre nominated the European Investment Bank to provide funds for the project for 600 Million Euros
- On June 07, Dr. Dixit launched Pune Metro’s Battery operated vehicle as a part of the feeder services to provide last mile connectivity.
Facilities at the Stations:
- Automated Kiosks, PIS Tactile Paving, Drinking Water, Emergency Exits, etc.
- Restaurants & Shopping Mall within the stations
- Parking Spaces for cars & bikes
- Rest areas, sitting area, public telephones
- Hand rails, ramps, stair lifts, elevators.
- Multimodal integration with buses, rickshaws and feeder services