Date Of Post: 29 Dec, 2017
Pune: The first corridor of Metro Rail in Pune may become operational, within a years’ time, MahaMetro officials said. “Pune Metro will be flagged off in the next one year, or in just over a year’s time,” said Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro. Work on Pune Metro rail was progressing at a faster pace than work on Nagpur Metro, Dixit had said, last week.
- He said,“Since work on Pune Metro is taking place at a brisk pace compared to work on Nagpur Metro, we expect to start the trial run here in just over a years’ time, and the actual run soon after that.”
- Corridor One, from Pimpri to Swargate, will cover a distance of around 16 km.
- Part of it is the 6-km stretch from Pimpri to Dapodi, a straight route on the Pune-Mumbai Highway.
- MahaMetro officials said,“The elevated route, which begins in a straight line from Pimpri, takes a detour at Nashik Phata… it shifts to the right side to emerge from between two bridges, and then again returns to the highway at Kasarwadi… it is a complicated task.”
- They were confident of overcoming the hurdle, they added.
Recent Updates On Pune Metro-
Dec 26 2017: To motivate workers, MahaMetro organized Safety Award function for them who did excellent work for Pune Metro Reach 2
Dec 21 2017: Update from Reach 2 Vanaz-Civil Court- Footing work for 2nd pillar is done and shuttering for the 1st pillar is in progress along with excavation for other pillars
Dec 18 2017: MahaMetro has submitted a plan to divert the heavy traffic, which includes state transport buses plying between Pune and Mumbai, from Karve Road for constructing a two-storey bridge on Karve Road from Deccan to SNDT College junction
Dec 15 2017: First Viaduct Segment launched at Kharalwadi for Reach 1 PCMC-Range Hill between P349-P348 span
Dec 13 2017: MahaMetro signs MOU with Bureau Veritas India Limited for setting up Material Testing Laboratory for Pune Metro Rail Project
Image Credit: Pune Metro