Date of Post: 04 Oct, 2018
Pune: The consortium of Tata Group firm TRIL Urban Transport and Siemens Financial Services arm Siemens Project Ventures GmbH has bagged a contract to develop a 3rd Metro Line in Pune. “The consortium…has been awarded the contract by the PMRDA (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority) to develop the Metro corridor from Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar,” a press statement said.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis handed over the Letter of Award to the consortium.
- It said,“The elevated metro line will originate from Hinjewadi Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park, travel via Balewadi to Shivajinagar.”
- The 23.3-km corridor with 23 stations will be the first metro project in India on PPP (public-private-partnership) model after the New Metro Rail Policy of 2017.
- The construction is scheduled to commence by June 2019 and will be completed within 3 years.
- Tata Projects will be the EPC partner supporting the consortium.
- Hinjewadi is Pune’s fastest growing IT industrial hub, providing employment to over 4,00,000 people.
To know more about recent developments of Pune Metro-
16 Sep, 2018 : Progress and Highlights of Pune Metro Rail Project
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .