Date of Post: 05 Jan, 2018
Pune: On Thursday, the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation) submitted a consent letter to the MahaMetro for preparing a DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Swargate-Katraj corridor. A letter duly signed by municipal commissioner has been submitted to MahaMetro, said PMC standing committee chairman Muralidhar Mohol & leader of the house Shrinath Bhimale. Already, the proposal of Swargate-Katraj Metro route has received consent of the state government.
- They said,”The metro line till Katraj would be crucial to further upgrade public transport infrastructure in the city.”
- It has been learnt that the expenses for DPR for Katraj route would be around Rs 60 lakh to Rs 70 lakh, which will be borne by PMC, Mohol said.
- The MahaMetro is already working on the route till Swargate.
- Meanwhile, there was a plan to extend the metro rail network in 44km stretches in Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad in a phased manner apart from existing 2 sanctioned routes — Pimpri-Swargate & Vanaz-Ramwadi, Bhimale said .
- A demand has already been made to extend the Metro line up to Nigdi & Wagholi.
- MahaMetro has started the groundwork on Pimpri to Range Hills & Vanaz to Civil Court routes.
Image Credit: Pune Metro