Date Of Post: 09 Jan, 2018
Pune: Process started for preparing Detailed Project Reports on extending the Metro lines from Pimpri to Nigdi & Swargate to Katraj.
Metro Till Nigdi:
- PCMC Commissioner Shravan Hardikar sought a project report to extend the Metro line from Pimpri to Nigdi, Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro, said.
- “We have started the process for preparing the DPR,” he said.
- The DPR will be ready in at least 4 months.
Metro From Swargate-Katraj:
- Similarly, PMC Commissioner Kunal Kumar had sought preparation of the DPR on extending the Metro line from Swargate to Katraj, he said.
- “We have started the DPR process for that too…,” Dixit added.
- The decision to start Metro services on Nigdi-Katraj route has been taken following the demands of local residents, Dixit said.
- He said,“We will call the new extensions Phase One A.”
- Pimpri to Swargate Corridor was around 16 km.
- He said,“Now, with the extension, 10 to 11 km would be added to the line.”
- A meeting would soon be convened to discuss about the new corridor, PCMC Standing Committee Chairperson Seema Savale said.
Image Credit: Pune Metro
People Also Viewed :
- 15 January, 2018 Pune Metro Update: Work Begins To Create Detailed Project Report For Extending Pimpri-Swargate Metro Route Up To Nigdi & Katraj
- 5 January, 2018 Pune Metro Update: Pune Municipal Corporation Submits Consent Letter To MahaMetro For Preparing DPR Of Swargate-Katraj Corridor
- 11 January, 2018 Pune Metro Update: Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis Urges Centre To Approve 3rd Metro Line Between Hinjewadi-Shivajinagar
- 15 September, 2017 Pune Metro Update : Maha-Metro To Extend Vanaz-Ramwadi Metro section For Another 7 kms Up To Wagholi
- 16 August, 2018 Pune Metro Information Centre Inaugurated at Chatrapati Sambhaji Park
- 15 December, 2017 Pune Metro Update: PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation) To Send Proposal To MahaMetro To Prepare DPR (Detailed Project Report) For Metro Extension Till Nigdi
- 12 January, 2018 Tripartite MoU Signs Between Enterprise & Temasek Foundation International-Singapore Cooperation, MahaMetro and Pune Municipal Corporation For Multi-Modal Transport In Pune
- 23 August, 2017 Pune Metro To Provide These Facilities for the Commuters Convenience
- 18 July, 2017 Pune Metro Work Finally Picking Up Pace
- 3 November, 2018 PMRDA to extend 23 km “Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar” Metro corridor till Hadapsar