Date Of Post: 09 Jan, 2018
Pune: Process started for preparing Detailed Project Reports on extending the Metro lines from Pimpri to Nigdi & Swargate to Katraj.
Metro Till Nigdi:
- PCMC Commissioner Shravan Hardikar sought a project report to extend the Metro line from Pimpri to Nigdi, Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro, said.
- “We have started the process for preparing the DPR,” he said.
- The DPR will be ready in at least 4 months.
Metro From Swargate-Katraj:
- Similarly, PMC Commissioner Kunal Kumar had sought preparation of the DPR on extending the Metro line from Swargate to Katraj, he said.
- “We have started the DPR process for that too…,” Dixit added.
- The decision to start Metro services on Nigdi-Katraj route has been taken following the demands of local residents, Dixit said.
- He said,“We will call the new extensions Phase One A.”
- Pimpri to Swargate Corridor was around 16 km.
- He said,“Now, with the extension, 10 to 11 km would be added to the line.”
- A meeting would soon be convened to discuss about the new corridor, PCMC Standing Committee Chairperson Seema Savale said.
Image Credit: Pune Metro