Date of Post: 15 Dec, 2017
Pune: The PCMC would send a proposal to MahaMetro to prepare a DPR (Detailed Project Report) for extending the Pimpri-Swargate metro rail route till Nigdi. “We will be sending a proposal to MahaMetro to prepare the DPR for the Metro extension till Nigdi and we are ready to bear its cost. The estimated cost for preparing the DPR is around Rs 40-50 lakh,” commissioner of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), Shravan Hardikar, said.
- “We will have to consider various financing options to bear it. Our city has potential to bear the cost. The estimated cost of the project will be known only after the DPR is prepared. We can take the decision on choosing the financing option later,” Hardikar said.
- DR. Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro, had sent positive vibes about the extension of Metro till Nigdi while addressing a press conference in Pimpri around a month ago.
- The Union & state governments would have to take a decision about the Metro extension as both of them are stakeholders.
- Dixit had said he would welcome PCMC if it was ready to bear the Metro extension project cost.
- The distance between Pimpri & Nigdi is approx 6 kilometer.
- The cost of the project would be roughly Rs 120 crore per kilometer; it means roughly Rs 720 crore would be needed for the extension work.
- MahaMetro is constructing the Pimpri-Swargate Metro route.
Image Credit: Pune Metro Rail