Date Of Post: 16 Feb, 2018
Pune: The MahaMetro will start the process of inviting tenders for constructing the 7.7 km viaduct on Civil Court-Ramwadi route in a few days. The tenders would be invited in 2 to 3 days, MahaMetro managing director Brijesh Dixit said on Thursday. MahaMetro had plans to complete the process in the next 3 months, following which the actual work would begin, he said.
- The MahaMetro is done with the required surveys & alignment of this Metro corridor.
- The route planned via-
- Pune station
- Bund Garden
- Nagar Road
- It would have 8 metro stations.
- The entire stretch would be elevated.
- The Civil Court-Ramwadi line is a part of Vanaz-Ramwadi Metro corridor.
- MahaMetro has started civil work on the Vanaz to Civil Court stretch.
Metro Route Changed-
- The Metro route has been changed near Pune station after the railway administration sought rerouting of the line via Raja Bahadur Mill Road-end instead of the earlier alignment via Pune station’s main entrance.
- A MahaMetro official said,“The re-routing has brought down the length of the route by about 300metres. According to the revised route, the Metro will now run via RTO-Raja Bahadur Mill Road towards Bund Garden. It will have a connection with Pune railway station at Tadiwala Road to assist railway commuters avail Metro services.”
- The entire civil work is expected to get over in 110 weeks, the official added.
- Tenders for constructing 8 stations on the Civil Court-Ramwadi route would also be invited in a week, officials stated.
Image Credit: Pune Metro Rail