Date Of Post: 25 Apr, 2018
Pune: Work on the Civil Court-Ramwadi stretch of the Pune Metro project will likely begin before the arrival of monsoon. This section is a part of the Vanaz-Ramwadi Metro line. MahaMetro will soon appoint an agency to take up the civil work for this elevated stretch. MahaMetro officials said, tenders have been floated and a firm will be hired in a month.
- Work will include design & construction of a 6.77km viaduct and construction of two others — a 0.43km section near Sangam bridge and a 0.51km line near Bund Garden.
- The alignment of the route has been finalized, officials said.
- MahaMetro has introduced some changes in the route alignment near Pune railway station.
- The preliminary plan had the route aligned from Mangalwar Peth via the station’s main entrance towards Bund Garden.
- It has since been changed to go via RTO, Raja Bahadur Mill Road and the station’s rear entrance.
- This way, passengers will get easy access to Metro service from Pune station, MahaMetro said.
Image Credit: Pune Metro