Date of Post: 10 Nov, 2017
PUNE: The MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited) has received advanced possession of 50 percent of government land for metro rail corridors. Brijesh Dixit, MD, MahaMetro, said,”Around 44 hectares are needed for rail corridors. Of the total land, 32 hectares are owned by government agencies. The MahaMetro has received possession of 16 hectares of land so far.”
Possessioning Of Land For The Metro Project
- MahaMetro has initiated steps for possession of remaining land to ensure that metro project does not face any hurdle in future.
- Recently, MahaMetro received possession of around 13 hectares belonging to the College of Agriculture for Range Hills depot & around 2 hectares held by a foodgrain godown at Shivajinagar for the civic court station.
- Also, smaller plots at Phugewadi, Peshwe Energy Park & at PMC Sahyog Kedra are in its possession.
- For an afforestation initiative, the corporation has received 10 hectares at Pachgaon Parvati & 2 hectares at Akurdi.
Meetings Held To Discuss Land Proposals
- MahaMetro was in talks with the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation) for land at Vanaz for a depot, & also a plot at Swargate for a station, Dixit said.
- He said, the talks with the civic body have been positive.
- The MahaMetro has been able to get advanced possession of crucial plots within the first Ten months after the project was launched.
- In the last few months, MahaMetro held meetings with the state government to discuss land proposals & expedite handover of land for the metro project.
MSRTC To Provide Land For A Metro Station
- MahaMetro approached the MSRTC (Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation) to provide land at Shivajinagar depot for a metro station, Dixit said.
- The corporation is planning an underground station at Shivajinagar.
- There is a plan to establish multi-modal integration at Shivajinagar to provide seamless movement of people to
- MSRTC stand
- PMPML bus stops
- Shivajinagar railway station
Image Credit: Pune Metro