Date Of Post: 24 Feb, 2018
Pune: The MahaMetro plans to raise the first viaduct segment on the Vanaz-Civil Court route next month. It will come up at the site reserved for the Anandnagar station. MahaMetro has started the civil work of constructing pillars and digging foundations on the route, that will extend to Civil Court in the first phase.
- While work on 4 other pillars is underway, the foundations for nearly 15 pillars are ready.
- Of the total 15 completed foundations, 5 are along the river between Deccan Gymkhana and the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation), metro officials said.
- They plan to launch the first viaduct segment by the end of next month, officials said.
- The segments are being cast at the casting yard and will be launched in a phased manner from Anandnagar back towards the Vanaz station.
- MahaMetro has already raised a viaduct segment on the Pimpri-Range Hills Metro route, near the Kharalwadi station.
- A MahaMetro official said,“We will now be launching the segment on Reach-2. The locations have been identified for the launch of the segment near the Anandnagar station
Image Credit: Pune Metro