Date of Post: 27 Oct, 2017
Pune: MahaMetro (Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation) erected the first pier for the elevated portion of the Pimpri-Swargate Metro route from Pimpri to Dapodi. It will take around one more year to erect the other piers for the Metro on this route. The first pier was erected around 6 months after the construction work had started.
Pimpri-Swargate Metro Route
- The 16.589 km long Pimpri-Swargate Metro route, will connect Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad.
- 5 km stretch will be underground, while remaining 11.57 km stretch of the route will be elevated.
- Around 8 km of the elevated stretch, from Pimpri to Harris bridge (Dapodi), lies within the PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corp.) limits.
- This elevated route starts from near the Ahilyabai Holkar chowk and goes along the PCMC main office building to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar chowk.
- It then takes a right turn to use the median in the grade separator from Kharalwadi to Kasarwadi station.