Date of Post: 31 Oct, 2017
Pune: MahaMetro has started the testing of geological features for the Pune Metro rail project at the Mutha riverside road.
“The soil type, depth, rock types and other geological aspects are being studied. The survey began a couple of days ago and will continue for about two weeks. The actual construction work on the pillars will start only after that,” a senior MahaMetro official said.
About The Study
- This study includes sampling & testing of different kinds of soil to assess their strength, compressibility & characteristics that would influence the construction of the pillars, the metro officials said.
- The study, as per metro officials, will be used to develop a rail route that would pass alongside the river.
- It is a part of the Vanaz-Ramwadi metro route.
Special Teams Deployed
- Special teams have been deployed to expedite the work on this corridor.
- These teams will manage
- A traffic control unit
- An emergencies hotline
- A rapid action team for disaster management.