Date of Post: 13 Nov, 2017
Pune: MahaMetro has started the geological exploration survey of Bopodi-Khadki stretch of Pimpri-Swargate route of the pune metro rail project.
The Pimpri-Swargate Metro route, having a total length of 16.589 km, connecting the twin cities of Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad.
About The 16.589 Long Stretch:
- of the total 16.589, 5km stretch is underground, while the remaining 11.57km stretch is elevated.
- Around 8km elevated stretch from Pimpri to Harris bridge (Dapodi) lies in PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation) limits.
Construction Of Piers
- MahaMetro has completed construction of the first pier at Vallabhnagar.
- The construction of piers is progressing at various stages from Kharalwadi to Nashik Phata in the median of the grade separator.
- Also, construction is in progress from Atlas Copco to College of Military Engineering (CME) chowk.
- “The 2 year contract for construction of piers was awarded in May 2017, wherein a total of 322 piers will be constructed. Construction of first pier has been completed. Construction of another five piers up to the first level has been completed. The foundation of 35 piers has been completed. Construction of seven piers will start in December,” an official said.
3 Elevated Stations On The Harris Bridge-Range Hills Stretch
- Three elevated Metro stations will be built on the stretch from Harris Bridge to Range Hills, the official said.
- These would be near Bopodi Police Chowkey & Khadki Railway Station along the highway.
- After crossing the railway tracks, the Metro, will go parallel to the railway tracks along the existing road in defence areas.
Image Credit: Pune Metro