Date of Post: 04 Dec, 2017
Pune: The first Metro station in PCMC (Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corp.) limits will be built at Sant Tukaram Nagar in Pimpri, said Brijesh Dixit, MD, Maha Metro.
“A Spanish company has been awarded the contract to prepare designs for metro stations. The company has submitted a design for Sant Tukaram Nagar station and the same has been approved. Trenching work for identified utilities at the site was started on November 28, while geotechnical investigation is in progress,” addressing a press conference on Saturday, Dixit said.
The Metro Station-
- He said, the station to be built at Deccan would be designed on Puneri pagdi style.
- The Metro station will be built on Pune-Mumbai highway near state transport bus stand at Vallabhnagar, Dixit said.
- The metro station will have two levels-
- On the first level, there will be a foot over bridge (FOB)
- The station platform will be built on the second level
- “Six Metro stations will come up in Pimpri Chinchwad. Since Pimpri Chinchwad is an industrial city, the stations’ designs will have an industrial theme,” Dixit said.
Image Credit: punemetrorail.org