Date of Post : 23 June, 2017
LUCKNOW: The public launch of Lucknow Metro on the priority section between Transport Nagar and Charbagh is expected by the end of July, announced Metro Man E Sreedharan in Lucknow on Thursday.
The fares of Lucknow Metro have been decided for the route & are lower than those of the recently launched Kochi Metro train service, he said. He said, fares would be comparable with those of Delhi Metro.
More Information –
- Sreedharan is the principal advisor of LMRC (Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation) & was in city to inspect the project & meet UP Chief Minister Yogi Aditya Nath.
- Sreedharan said,“We normally give one month’s notice to the commissioner of Metro railway safety (CMRS) to inspect a Metro project before giving a safety clearance. We have sent the request and expect him to come any time before July 15. We hope Lucknow Metro to be ready for public launch in the third or fourth week of July.”
- After the CMRS nod, LMRC has to seek the state government consent to decide on the date of launch.
- The state government will consult the Centre before deciding on the date.
- LMRC board has already finalised fares on a par with Delhi Metro.
- Initially, 4 train sets will ply on the 8.5 kilometer priority section after the launch.
- There will be a gap of 6-7 minutes between 2 trains.
- Lucknow Metro has received technical clearance from the Railway Board & is awaiting approval of the CMRS, who would inspect safety features, station design, passenger facilities & communication system, etc. services, to give a go-ahead to the train.