Date Of Post: 12 Feb, 2019
New Delhi: The Public Investment Board (PIB) on 06.02.2019 approved metro rail projects in Patna, Agra, Kanpur, and Ahmedabad Metro phase-2.
- The Patna Metro rail project will cost Rs 13,400 crore.
- According to the DPR, in the phase-1, a 33.1 kilometer long track will be set up in Patna having 2 corridors:
- East-west corridor
- North-south corridor
- The east-west corridor would run between Danapur and Patna railway station via Dakbungalow Square.
- The North-south corridor would run between the Inter-State Bus Terminal and Gandhi Maidan via Rajendra Nagar and Ashok Rajpath.
- The project is expected to be completed in 5 years from the date of its commencement.
- The proposed Metro network will be around 30 km.
- Metro rail will run on two routes in the city.
- Last week, the state government has allocated Rs 175 crore for the Metro project in Agra.
- A total of 32.385 km of metro rail network will be built in Kanpur.
- Two corridors will be built under the Kanpur Metro project, according to the revised DPR.
- The proposed metro rail will cover IIT, Rawatpur, Bada Chauraha, Motimahal, Kanpur Central, ISBT Jhakarkatti and Naubasta.
Ahmedabad Metro phase-2
- The Metro rail phase-2 project will cost Rs 7500 crore.
- The route length has been shortened to 28.26 km, according to the revised DPR.
- It will have two corridors-
- Motera to Mahatma Mandir (22.84 km)
- GNLU linking PDPU and GIFT City (5.42 km)
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )