Date of Post: 27 July, 2018
The perspective plan for the overall Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor(DMIC) Region has been prepared and 24 investment regions and industrial areas have been identified for development. As part of Phase-1 of the DMIC project, following eight investment regions are being taken up for development:
- Dholera Special Investment Region in Gujarat (920 sqkms)
- Shendra-Bidkin Industrial Area in Maharashtra (84 sqkms)
- Dighi Port Industrial Area in Maharashtra (253 sqkms)
- Manesar-Bawal Investment Region in Haryana (402 sqkms)
- Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment Region in Rajasthan (165 sqkms)
- Jodhpur PaliMarwar Industrial Area in Rajasthan (154 sqkms)
- Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow Investment Region in Madhya Pradesh (372 sqkms)
- Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad Investment Region in Uttar Pradesh (200 sqkms)
All industrial units, except those industries falling under the highly polluting red category zone, are permitted to set up their manufacturing plants. Some of the sectors identified are general manufacturing, auto and auto components, defence manufacturing, Research and Development (R&D), IT and ITES, high tech industries, agro and food processing.
100 acres of land in Shendra Industrial Area in Maharashtra have been allotted to a foreign company for setting up manufacturing unit of Spandex.
Estimated employment of direct & indirect likely to be generated during the next three decades is 2.46 million.