Date of Post: 18 Feb, 2019
Patna: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone of Patna Metro Rail Project. Laying the foundation stone of the metro project through a remote at a function at Barauni in Begusarai district, he said,”I congratulate the people of Patna, because Pataliputra (the ancient name of Patna) is now connected to the metro rail.”
- The Rs. 13,000 crore metro project is being developed in keeping with the future needs of the people, PM Modi said.
- He said that the metro projects will give new speed to Patna city.
- The Patna Metro Rail project comprises two corridors of a total length 31.39 km.
- In the phase-1, a 33.1-km-long track having 2 corridors — East-West and North-South — will come up in Patna.
- While the North-South corridor would run between the ISBT (Inter-State Bus Terminal) and Gandhi Maidan via Rajendra Nagar and Ashok Rajpath, the East-West corridor would run between Danapur and Patna railway station via Dakbungalow Square.
- The Metro rail project is expected to be completed in 5 years from the date of commencement.
To know more about recent developments of Patna Metro-
08 Feb, 2019 : Patna Metro project gets Public Investment Board (PIB) nod
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )