Date of Post: 17 Dec, 2018
Mumbai: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone for Metro rail projects in Mumbai and Pune today. The metro projects include the Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan stretch (Metro 5), the Dahisar-Mira-Bhayander line (Metro 9) in Mumbai and the Metro line between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar in Pune.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will reach Mumbai, where he will lay the foundation stone for the Thane-Bhiwandi-Kalyan metro-5 and Dahisar-Mira Bhayander metro-9 at Kalyan in adjoining Thane district.
- PM Modi will later proceed to Pune, where he will lay the foundation stone for the Pune Metro’s 3rd Metro line between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar, being implemented by the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority on a public-private partnership basis.
- The 24.9-km long Metro-5 corridor will be built at an estimated cost of Rs 8,416 crore, and the 10.3km Metro-9 corridor is to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 6,607 crore.
- The construction will begin in March 2019.
- The Metro-5 corridor will have 17 stations and is expected to carry 2.29 lakh commuters daily in 2021.
- The elevated Metro 9 corridor, comprising 8 stations, was expected to be completed by 2022.
- It will be integrated with the Dahisar-Andheri (Metro 7) corridor.
- The Rs 8,313-crore 23-km long 3rd metro line in Pune between Hinjewadi and Shivajinagar will connect the busy information technology part with Shivajinagar, where the other two metro lines will also join.
To know more about recent developments of Mumbai Metro –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .