Date of Post: 04 Jan, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is slated to launch a basket of projects in Odisha on Saturday. Railway projects to be launched include flagging of the second passenger train from Tatanagar to Badampahar. The projects will be inaugurated during Modi’s visit to Baripada in Mayurbhanj district, officials said.
- The Tatanagar-Badampahar rail line was laid in 1911 and only one train ran on the route.
- A second passenger train will now be flagged off on this historic line to benefit people of Badampahar who will now have rail-linkage to Howrah and Mumbai via Tatanagar for 6 days a week.
- Officials said, electrification of the line has also been sanctioned in 2018-19.
- The PM will also dedicate to the nation the doubling of Naranpur-Basantpur and Chillikidara-Sagadapata line.
- The doubling of 11.3 KM Chillikidara-Sagadapata line and 9 KM Naranpur-Basantpur line will connect the mineral rich area of Keonjhar and Jaipur districts in Odisha and generate industrial revenue.
- Modi will also dedicate the Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) at Balasore to the nation.
- Built at a cost of Rs 25 Crore, the park will have custom facilitation centre for export/import.
- The officials said, it will have a custom bonded area of 38325 sqm, 1 full length rail line, 2 warehouses and road weigh bridge.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
03 Jan, 2019: Initiatives for Railway Safety
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .