Date of post: 16 Jan, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday inaugurated the 15 km long Bolangir-Bichhupali railway line. The line would connect coastal Odisha with western region through Sonepur, Boudh, Puranakatak, Daspalla and Nayagarh, synchronising development across the state.
It is part of the new 289-km Balangir-Khurda Road line which connects to Howrah-Chennai main line on Khurda roadside and Titlagarh-Sambalpur line at Balangir.
- The line would also benefit many micro, small and medium enterprises and cottage industries, and generate opportunities for the mining sector.
- This is the Prime Minister’s third visit to Odisha from the past month.
- He also dedicated to the nation the electrification of Jharsuguda-Vizianagaram and Sambalpur-Angul rail lines spanning 813 km, which have been completed at a cost of Rs 1,085 crore.
- The project aims to ensure seamless rail connectivity on the line and reduce journey time.
- It will also reduce diesel consumption and greenhouse gas emission.
- Modi also inaugurated the doubling of 14.2 km Barpali-Dungaripali and 17.3 km Balangir-Deogaon rail lines, completed at a cost of Rs 189.3 crore.
- They are part of the 181.54 km Sambalpur-Titlagarh doubling project.
- Modi also dedicated a Multi-Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) Jharsuguda, which will facilitate Import/Export and Domestic Cargo, including Private Freight Traffic (PFT).
- Spread over 28.3 acres, the MMLP is adjacent to the Howrah-Mumbai main line, 5 km from Jharsuguda Railway station.
- Several industries, such as cement, paper, aluminium, refractory, pig iron, sponge iron and steel pipe, located in and around the area would benefit from the facility.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )