Date of post: 14 Jan, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch a slew of centrally funded projects worth over Rs 1,545 crore in Odisha during his visit to the state on Tuesday, sources said. Modi will visit Balangir for inaugurating and laying foundation of the development projects, mostly in railway sector, they said.
- The PM will dedicate to the nation electrification of Jharsuguda-Vizinagaram and Sambalpur-Angul lines, spanning 813 km, completed at a cost of Rs 1085 crore.
- A senior official said that the project will ensure seamless rail connectivity on the line and reduce running time.
- It will also reduce diesel consumption and lead to reduction of Greenhouse Gas emissions.
- He will also dedicate a Multi-Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) at Jharsuguda, built at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
- Spread over an area of 28.3 acre, the MMLP is situated adjacent to the main line of Howrah-Mumbai, 5km from Jharsuguda Railway station.
- A number of industries, such as cement, paper, aluminum, refractory, pig iron, sponge iron, steel pipe, located in and around the catchment area will benefit from this facility.
- The PM will also inaugurate 15km Balangir-Bichhupali new railway line built at a cost of Rs 115 crore.
- It is a part of the new 289-km Balangir-Khurda road line which connects to Howrah-Chennai main line on Khurdha roadside and Titlagarh- Sambalpur line at Balangir.
- Once completed, the line would connect coastal Odisha with western region through Sonepur, Boudh, Puranakatak, Daspalla and Nayagarh, synchronising development across the state.
- The line would also benefit many MSME and cottage industries and open up opportunities for the mining sector.
- He will flag off a new train on Balangir-Bichhupali route which would benefit commuters in the region, besides connecting Bichhupali to Jharsuguda and Vizianagaram main line through Balangir.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways, Metro and Transportation Sector of India.
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information