Date of Post: 03 Sep, 2018
Dibrugarh: State Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, on Sunday, reviewed the construction progress of Bogibeel Bridge over Brahmaputra river at Dibrugarh. The Bogibeel Bridge would be inaugurated this year, he said. The 4.94 km bridge, is the longest rail-cum-road bridge in India. It will connect Dhemaji and Dibrugarh districts at the north and south banks of Brahmaputra river.
- In a meeting , Sonowal urged General Manger of NF Railway and officials of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and concerned agencies to complete the road overbridge being constructed over National Highway 37 connecting Bogibeel Bridge within November 30.
- He also called on the NF Railway to provide technical knowledge and required manpower for completing the overbridge within time.
- The Centre has been pushing for rapid infrastructure development in the Northeast region and for that, bridges like this are being completed fast, Sonowal said.
- He said,”The commitment of the Prime Minister Modi to develop this region is reflected at the speedy completion of new Saraighat Bridge and Dr Bhupen Hazarika Setu connecting Dhola-Sadiya.”
- The bridge will be opened for public within this year and Prime Minister Modi will inaugurate it, he exuded confidence.
- Sonowal also called for installing adequate lighting systems on the roads connecting Bogibeel Bridge measuring 1 km on each side.
- He also instructed exploring the possibility of using solar powered lights.
- Taking stock of the progress of the proposal given to Railway Department to prepare a special scheme for turning the bridge into a place of tourist attraction, Sonowal also requested the Railways to plant trees on both banks connected by the bridge.
To know more about recent developments of Indian Railways-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .