Date of Post: 19 Dec, 2017
New Delhi: Much awaited Magenta Line of the Delhi Metro – from Botanical Garden to Kalkaji Mandir – is set to be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on December 25.
The section will have these stations-
- Botanical Garden
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary
- Kalindi Kunj
- Jasola Vihar-Shaheen Bagh
- Okhla Vihar
- Jamia Milia Islamia
- Sukhdev Vihar
- Okhla NSIC
- Kalkaji Mandir
First Section With CBTC Technology
- The Kalkaji Mandir-Botanical Garden section will be Delhi Metro’s first ever corridor to be operated using the Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) signalling technology, which will facilitate movement of trains with a frequency of 90-100 seconds.
- A DMRC official said,“With this signalling system, the frequency of the trains will increase and the waiting period will go down to 90-100 seconds from two minutes.”
- Kalkaji Mandir which is already on the Violet Line will become an interchange station, while Botanical Garden will be the first interchange metro station in Noida.
About The Line-
- This section is a part of the 38.23 km Botanical Garden-Janakpuri West corridor under DMRC’s phase 3 plan.
- The rest of the line is expected to be operational by late next year.
Image Credit: NewsFolo – Twitter