Date of Post: 23 Sep, 2017
Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday flags off the Country’s third Mahamana Express running between Vadodara & Varanasi.
The prime minister inaugurated the first run of the train remotely. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal joined PM via video link from Vadodara along with senior officials of the ministry.
ABOUT THE DELUXE TRAIN
- The maiden journey of the train was from Vadodara to Varanasi.
- The Mahamana Express train is built under the Make in India initiative.
- Currently the train runs on 2 routes from Varanasi-New Delhi & Bhopal-Khajuraho.
- The train will cover 1,531-km long distance between the 2 cities – at an average speed of 55.7 km per hr.
THE TRAIN WILL HALT AT THESE STATIONS-
- Chheoki station
THE NEW TRAIN HAS 18 COACHES –
- One AC 1st class
- Two 2nd class AC
- Eight sleeper
- Four general
- One pantry car
- Two guard brake vans
- There is no AC-3 tier coach in the train.
SALIENT FEATURES OF MAHAMANA EXPRESS
- Modular Panels without visible screws and minimum maintenance hatches inside passenger area for better safety & aesthetics
- Use of superior material for panels in terms of toxicity index & fire retardation.
- Ergonomically designed Ladders for climbing up to upper berths provided in all sleeper coaches.
- Aesthetically appealing toilet modules provided with enhanced passenger amenities – big mirror, platform washbasin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fan, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilet to name a few.
- Shifting of electrical junction points from passenger area to non-passenger area in a centralised distribution board for enhanced safety.
- Use of e-beam cables & polyamide conduits for enhanced electrical & fire safety.
- Use of LED Lighting to enhance illumination & service durability while minimizing power consumption.
- Enhanced scale of light fittings including berth reading lights in GSCN(Sleeper) Coaches and embarking light in all classes of coaches.
- The scale of mobile/ laptop charging points have been increased in all classes of coaches.
- LED based berth indicators cum night light for reserved coaches provided to assist passengers boarding train in night.
- Provision of fire extinguisher in all coaches.
- Provision of electrically operated chimney in Pantry Car.
- Stainless steel panelling in Luggage Compartment.