Date of Post: 7 Feb, 2019
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will flag off India’s first engineless train ‘Train 18’ on February 15 from the New Delhi Railway station, a senior official of the ministry said on Wednesday. Train 18, was recently named as ‘Vande Bharat Express’ by Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The Train 18 has been manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai.
- It became India’s fastest train by hitting speeds of over 180 kmph during a trial run on a section of the Delhi-Rajdhani route.
- The official said,”The PM will flag off the train at 10 am on February 15 and there will be a function in which he will give a speech as well. It”s a matter of great pride for us as this is the Railways” first indigenous train.”
- The 16-coach train will replace the 30-year-old Shatabdi Express.
- The Train 18 will run between Delhi and Varanasi.
- It was given the safety certificate by the CCRS (Chief Commissioner of Railway Safety) on January 25.
- The ‘Train 18’ has undergone extensive trials under the supervision of the Research Designs and Standards Organisation (RDSO), Lucknow.
- The ‘Train 18’ is capable of touching a maximum speed of 200 kmph.
To know more about recent developments of of Railways –
( Please reach us at email@example.com for more information. )