Date of Post: 20 Dec, 2018
The fastest train from Indian Railways’ stable, ‘Train 18’ will be flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 29 December likely from Varanasi, sources said. The country’s first engineless train will replace Shatabdi trains and will run between Delhi and Varanasi, the sources said.
- The Rs 100 crore Train manufactured by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai.
- Train 18 recently became India’s fastest train by hitting speeds of over 180 kmph during trial-run on a section of the Delhi-Rajdhani route.
- The train will have 2 executive compartments which will have 52 seats each and trailer coaches will have 78 seats each.
- The executive class will have rotating seats to match the direction of the train.
- The train comes with amenities at par with the best in the world – from on-board WiFi to a GPS-based passenger information system, touch-free bio-vacuum toilets, LED lighting, mobile charging points and a climate control system that adjusts the temperature according to occupancy and weather.
- The train will start at 6 am from New Delhi station and is expected to reach Varanasi around at 2 pm, according to the tentative plan.
- In the return journey, train will start at 2.30 pm from Varanasi and reach New Delhi at 10.30 pm on same day.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has recently asked ICF to build 4 more similar rakes in the present financial year.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .