Date of Post: 20 Sep, 2017
NEW DELHI: PM Narendra Modi will flag off the India’s 3rd Mahamana Express from his Lok Sabha constituency of Varanasi on September 22.
The train will run from Vadodara (Gujarat) to Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) after the PM will launch it using a remote control, senior railway officials said.
The Modi government had unveiled the first rake of the Mahamana Express as part of Railways’ Model Rake Project in 2016.
- The Mahamana Express with plush interiors built under the Make in India programme
- At present the train runs on 2 routes of Varanasi-New Delhi & Bhopal-Khajuraho.
- The new weekly train will run from Varanasi every Friday & from Vadodara every Wednesday.
- Officials said that the 1,531-km journey between the two cities will take 27 hour 30 minutes at an average speed of 55.7 km per hour.
Some of the special features of Mahaman Express :
- LED lights
- Modular panels
- Ergonomically designed ladders for climbing to the upper berths
- Aesthetically appealing toilet modules with big mirror
- Platform washbasin
- Controlled discharged water tap
- Odour control system
- Exhaust fan
- Dustbin inside the toilets
- Special berth indicators-cum-night-light in reserved coaches
- Fire extinguisher in all coaches
- Electrically operated chimney in pantry car
- Stainless steel panelling in luggage compartment