Date Of Post : 20 Feb, 2018
Mysuru: Prime Minister Narenda Modi on Monday unveiled a slew of railway projects in poll-bound Karnataka and flagged off a weekly Humsafar Express train (Palace Queen) to Rajasthan’s Udaipur. Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal, said,”Modi dedicated to the nation the 140 km electrified double track between Mysuru and Bengaluru and flagged off the weekly express between Mysuru and Udaipur.”
Electrification Of Rail Route-
- The electrification of the route between the state capital and the cultural capital will benefit the people in terms of faster travel, less pollution & energy saving.
- Goyal said,”Sectional capacity will increase 15% with better average speeds. Line haul cost will reduce to Rs 198 per 1,000 ton km from Rs 365 resulting in Rs 20 crore saving in fuel cost.”
- The electrification of the route will also enable the railways to operate faster passenger & freight trains between Mysuru & Chennai via Bengaluru.
Palace Queen Train-
- The Palace Queen train between two major tourist destinations in Karnataka & Rajasthan will also connect important heritage palaces in and around-
- Vasai Road
- Goyal said,”The Humsafar Express passes through five states – Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, connecting western and southern India with 12 stoppages enroute.”