Date : June 15, 2017
Indian Railways is launching new ‘Humsafar’ coaches equipped with the facilities like GPS-based passenger information system, fire and smoke detectors.
Features & More About the New Humsafar Coaches:
- Indian Railways is now aiming to enhance the train travel experience by introducing these kind of facilities.
- Facilities in the new ‘Humsafar’ coaches
- GPS-based passenger information system
- Fire and smoke detectors
- Mobile charging points
- Reading lights for each passenger
- Passenger announcement
- Easy upper berth climbing arrangement
- As promised in the Budget, the Humsafar Express is a fully 3 AC service with modern facilities.
- The cost of a Humsafar 3-AC coach is Rs 2.58 crore, as compared to Rs 2.39 crore for a normal LHB 3-AC coach.
- The upgraded coaches also have facilities like baby nappy changing pads, and tea and coffeemakers.
- The first Humsafar train was launched on December 16 last year between Gorakhpur and Anand Vihar.
- There will be a total of 11 Humsafar trains out of which six are operational.
- “Humsafar trains are already running and we have got feedback from the passengers. So based on that, we have improved the facilities further by providing additional features,” Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said after inspecting the new Humsafar coaches.
- Two Humsafar Express trains between Tirupati and Jammu Tawi, and on the Howrah-Vijayawada section also to be flagged off.
- The remaining Humsafar trains will also be introduced in due course.
- Ten Humsafar rakes are planned to be manufactured during the current financial year at Modern Coach Factory, Raebareli and Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala.