Date of Post: Nov 03, 2018
The PMRDA (Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority) has decided to extend the 23km Hinjewadi to Shivajinagar Metro corridor till Hadapsar for which the chief minister’s approval is expected in the next month. The DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has instructed to prepare a DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the same.
- The Shivajinagar to Hadapsar Metro work will be carry out by the PMRDA in phase 2.
- PMRDA will need to take all the necessary permissions from the state and central governments for the 2nd corridor.
- The further project details like the cost, length and station locations, will be disclosed after only when the DPR is ready.
- The commission period of the metro will be 3 year.
- The metro corridor extension also requires some government agency land for parking and station and its needs to be acquired.
- Meanwhile, 3 contractors have taken part in the bidding process.
To know more about recent developments of Pune Metro –
17 Sept, 2018 : Progress and Highlights of Pune Metro Rail Project
Image Credit – Pune Metro
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .