Date of Post: 30 Oct, 2017
Bidar: Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India dedicated New Railway Line between Bidar and Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) to the Nation and Flagged off DEMU Train Service between Bidar – Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) at a function held at Bidar Railway Station.
About The News Rail Line
- The new rail line offers a very convenient and faster transport access from Bidar/Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) to the metropolitan cities of Bengaluru, Mumbai, etc., since it connects the existing rail routes of Wadi – Bengaluru/Mumbai and Vikarabad – Parli Vaijnath.
- The project, funded jointly by Railways and the Karnataka State Government on 50:50 basis, extends to a length of 110.
- It has been completed at a cost of Rs 1,542 crores.
New Rail Line To Offer Faster Transport
- The new Bidar – Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) rail line is going to offer a very convenient and faster transport access from Bidar/Gulbarga (Kalaburagi) to various cities.
- The new rail line will help boost the agri market economy of the region, offering opportunity for transport of pulses, sugar cane, dairy products etc and will provide a push for industrial development of the area.
- The new rail line also serves as an alternate route bypassing Wadi junction, thereby offering scope for running of more rail services in the region.
The New Train Service
- Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India flags off the new DEMU train between Bidar – Gulbarga at Bidar Railway Station.
- However, The Regular services will commence from 30 October, 2017.
This Train Will Stop At These Stations-
- Hallikhed B
- Kallur Road
- Hallikhed K