Date of Post: 19 Sep, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday described the cooperation between India and Bangladesh as an example for the world as he jointly inaugurated two railway projects with his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister Modi described the cooperation between the two countries as an example for the world, according to an official statement.
- The two leaders inaugurated the construction of the 3rd and 4th dual-gauge rail lines in Dhaka-Tongi section and the dual-gauge rail line in Tongi-Joydebpur section of Bangladesh Railway.
- Dhaka-Tongi-Joydebpur Railway project will improve connectivity between the two countries and generate more revenue, Modi said.
- The statement said, PM Modi expressed confidence that the proposed railway project will contribute to the process of strengthening national and urban transport in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Hasina sought India’s continued support and cooperation for Bangladesh’s development.
- Bangladesh-India bilateral cooperation has reached to a new height in the past few years while prospects for economic development would substantially be enhanced through such bilateral projects as “economic development is the biggest challenge for South Asian countries”, She said.
- She said,”We’ve to work collectively for the development and prosperity for the people of both countries in the new areas, including energy, power, road and rail communications,” she told the conference from her Ganobhaban official residence.”
- She added,”I’m quite sure that we will get many such happy events in the days ahead for the welfare of the people of Bangladesh and India.”
To know more about recent developments of Railways-
19 Sep, 2018 : All Routes of Northeast Frontier Railway to Be Electrified
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .