Date of Post: 13 July, 2017
Howrah: PM Narendra Modi has set a deadline of 2022 for completion of all low pace projects.
PM Modi made this statement while chairing the Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation (PRAGATI) — a monthly interaction with administrative officials where the Howrah-Amta-Champadanga, a new broad gauge line project, was taken up for review.
- Following a request from the state, the railway project was approved in 1974-75.
- However, the land acquisition for the project started in 2009.
- The PM has also asked the railways to follow ‘grand challenge mode’ to execute railway projects.
- A similar line is expected to be adopted by the road transport ministry.
- Under this model, central agencies take up work on a priority basis in states which offer land quickly.