Date of Post: 5 Feb, 2019
Patna: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to lay the foundation of the Patna Metro Rail project in March this year. Bihar Urban Development Minister Suresh Sharma said, “While it is not confirmed by the PMO yet, Modiji is likely to lay the foundation of Patna Metro Rail on March 3.”
- PM Modi will address an NDA rally on 3 March and lay the foundation of the Patna Metro Rail project, he said.
- In 2018, the Bihar cabinet approved a fresh DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the Patna Metro Rail project and sanctioned Rs 17,887.56 crore for the same.
- In November, Union government approved the DPR.
- As per the DPR, in the phase-1, a 33.1 kilometer long track will be set up in Patna having 2 corridors:
- East-west corridor
- North-south corridor
- The east-west corridor would run between Danapur and Patna railway station via Dakbungalow Square.
- The North-south corridor would run between the Inter-State Bus Terminal and Gandhi Maidan via Rajendra Nagar and Ashok Rajpath.
- The project is expected to be completed in 5 years from the date of its commencement.
To know more about recent developments of Patna Metro-
26 Nov, 2018 : Centre approves DPR of Patna Metro Rail project
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )