Date of Post: 07 Sep, 2017
Vadodara: Prime Minister Narendra Modi & Japanese PM Shinzo Abe will lay the foundation stone for the training centre in Vadodara for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train project.
The training centre will be set up at the National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR), Vadodara.
- Modi & Abe will lay the foundation stone for the centre through video-conferencing on September 14 from the athletics ground near Sabarmati railway station in Ahmedabad.
- Newly appointed, Railway Board, chairman, Ashwani Lohani visited the city on Tuesday to inspect the arrangements in Vadodara.
- Lohani visited the site of the training centre at NAIR, Vadodara and also inspected platform no. 6 at Vadodara railway station which will act as station for the bullet train.
- The training centre will be used to provide training & skills to all the human resources including railway & non-railway staffers who will be working on Ahmedabad-Mumbai section.
- Already, the land for the training centre has been identified at NAIR campus.
- An official said,”The total land is spread across 5 hectares. We will be using some unutilised land while some quarters will be relocated.”