Date Of Post: 24 Nov, 2018
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to inaugurate the Noida-Greater Noida (Aqua Line) metro corridor on December 25. Reportedly PM Modi will also inaugurate the extension of Rithala-Dilshad Garden to New Bus Adda (Red Line) of Delhi Metro rail.
At present, both the corridors are undergoing the last phase of trial runs and final inspection by the CMRS (Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety) is awaited.
- The soon to be opened Aqua Line would run between Sector 71 station in Noida and the Depot Station in Greater Noida, covering 29.7 km through 21 stations.
- According to the NMRC, a total of 11 trains are required to start the commercial operations immediately.
- The Aqua line will have 19 rakes with 4 cars each.
- These are all lightweight cars made of stainless steel.
- Each train is equipped with a passenger information system, a public address system and an emergency announcement system.
Delhi Metro extension-
- The 9.41 kilometre long Dilshad Garden to New Bus Adda corridor of Delhi Metro’s Red Line is an extension of the presently operational Dilshad Garden – Rithala corridor (Red Line).
- After opening of this 9.41 kms long section, the entire Red Line will become 34.50 kms in length.
- This entirely elevated section will comprise of 08 stations namely; Shahid Nagar, Raj Bagh, Rajendra Nagar, Shyam Park, Mohan Nagar, Arthala, Hindon River Station and New Bus Stand.
- This would be the second Metro Line in Ghaziabad after Vaishali and the first metro link connecting the interiors of Ghaziabad.
To know more about recent developments of Delhi Metro-
17 Nov, 2018: Delhi Metro’s Phase-4 likely to be commissioned By 2025
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .