New Delhi: The expansion of the Delhi Metro’s network in its Phase IV will provide extensive connectivity to one of the busiest road stretches in the national capital, the Outer Ring Road (ORR).
- The 28 km long corridor will connect the Outer Ring Road (ORR) to the areas in Old Delhi, apart from providing connectivity to the New Delhi areas.
- Out of the 4 corridors that will be constructed as part of the Metro’s expansion in its Phase IV — the prominent among them is the Outer Ring Road line.
- The 28.92 kilometre corridor will connect Janakpuri West to Ramakrishna Ashram Marg along the ORR.
- A straight Metro route connects R.K. Ashram Marg – Janakpuri West Metro on the Blue Line (Noida City Centre/Vaishali – Dwarka sector 21).
- With the completion of the new route, R.K. Ashram Marg to the Janakpuri West will be connected via 2 corridors.
- Starting from Janakpuri West along the outer ring road, the route will pass via Mukarba Chowk and from there will pass via Azadpur vegetable market, Ashok Vihar, R.K. Ashram Marg and Nabi Karim.
- The completion of the new route, it will take 1 hour to reach Janakpuri West from R.K. Ashram Marg.
- A Total of 26 stations on the route – Janakpuri West, Krishna Park, Keshavpur, Meera Bagh, Paschim Vihar, Peeragarhi Chowk, Mangolpuri, West Anklev, Deepali Chowk, Madhuban Chowk, Rohini East, Prashant Vihar, Pitampura North, Haiderpur, Mukarba Square, Bhalswa, Majlis park, Azadpur, Ashok Vihar, Derawal Nagar, Raipur, Sabzi Mandi, Pul Bangash, Sadar Bazar and R.K. Ashram Marg.
- Meanwhile, for its fourth phase expansion, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is keen on extending its cooperation with Japanese government funding agency JICA.
- The cost of which 6 new corridors spanning around 103 km will be built at INR 50,000 crore (approx US$ 7,332 Million).
- DMRC shares an over two-decade-long association with JICA.
- The lion’s share of funding of Metro’s Phase I, II and the upcoming Phase III project has come from it.
- Mangu Singh MD DMRC said,“We believe that they (JICA) will support Phase IV. There has been a very good sort of understanding and working relationship between DMRC and JICA. We hope that it will continue.”
To Find Rail Analysis on Facebook For latest opportunities, news, events and much more
Send your comments, suggestions and tips to email@example.com