Date of Post: 01 Dec, 2018
Kochi: The Petta-SN Junction stretch of Kochi Metro Rail would be commissioned by December 2021. The Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) plans to complete tender procedures of Petta-SN Junction stretch soon. “Once we get the sanction for the extension to Tripunithura, we will take it as a top priority and complete the works as soon as possible,” a senior official said.
- The land acquisition process is in the final stage and preparatory work is expected to begin by the end of January 2019.
- The tenders for the major civil works, including viaduct, stations and Panamkutty Bridge for Rs 359 crore, are in the final stage of preparation.
- KMRL authorities said,“Contractor for the work will be in place by January 2019 which will ensure commencement of the work on the ground by February 2019 and the stretch from Petta to SN Junction is expected to get commissioned by December 2021.”
- For SN Junction to Tripunithura Terminal extension, the stretch consists of 1.2 km and one station- Tripunithura Terminal.
- Considering the request by the Tripunithura Municipality to consider taking the Metro alignment to Tripunithura through their proposed road and Bus Depot planned beside Tripunithura railway station, the DPR (Detailed Project Report) was revised by KMRL and submitted to the State government.
- The total estimated cost is Rs 356 crore.
- The administrative sanction for the stretch is expected soon.
To know more about recent developments of Kochi Metro-
19 Nov, 2018 : A 33 Member Team of French Agency AFD visits Kochi Metro
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .