Date of Post: 31 Aug, 2018
Patna: The revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) of Patna Metro project is expected to be Submitted to centre in September. The revision was necessitated by the ongoing Lohia Path Chakra project, parts of which were coming in the way of the alignment of the Metro as envisaged in the original DPR.
- State urban development & housing department minister Suresh Sharma said,”Issues pertaining to alignment have been sorted out and work on a fresh DPR is underway.”
- The DPR would be finalised latest by September 15, Sharma said.
- RITES (Rail India Technical & Economic Service) has been given the task of formulating the DPR.
- Its experts were called after the July 29 incident in which a part of the ongoing Lohia Path Chakra project caved in because of waterlogging.
- At that time chief minister Nitish Kumar had directed for a fresh look at the Patna Metro DPR and the Lohia Path Chakra project.
- The alignment of the Patna Metro rail project has been shifted at points where it was coming in the way of the ongoing road project, he said.
- Sharma said,”We will urge the Centre to give approval to the DPR within 2-3 weeks of submission.”
- The goal was to lay the foundation stone of the Metro rail project by Dussehra this year, he said.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .