Date Of Post: 29 Jan, 2018
Patna: The revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) for the Metro Rail project in Patna, Bihar will be completed by April and sent to the Centre for approval same month. Urban Development Minister Sh.Suresh Kumar Sharma said,”I assure you that work on the Patna Metro project will start rolling in 2018 and the foundation will be laid.”
- “The revised detailed project report (DPR) for the project will be completed by April after which it will be sent to the central government for approval. Though I have set a March deadline for the DPR, with a 15-day extended deadline, it will surely be submitted in April and be forwarded to the Centre the same month.”
- Last time, proposal to start the Metro rail was sent back to the state, to redraw the DPR according to the new Metro policy 2017.
- Sharma said,”This time, we hope the Centre approves Bihar’s proposal soon.”
- “To expedite the process, this time, the whole work has been divided into phases,” Sharma said.
- The Patna Metro rail project is scheduled to be completed by 2021 at an estimated cost of Rs 16,960 crore.
Image Credit: Nandanupadhyay – Wikimedia Commons