Date of Post: 01 Oct, 2018
Patna: The Metro train in Patna will run at a speed of 30 kmph, with 6-coaches. At the same time, each pair of trains will be run on both corridors of the Patna Metro. Public Finance Committee, on Friday, approved the DPR (Detailed Project Report) of the Patna Metro Rail Project.
- The committee headed by Development Commissioner Arun Kumar Singh approved the DPR.
- Now it will be kept before the next Cabinet and after approval it will be finally sent to the Centre.
- The state cabinet has recently gave its nod for formation of “Patna Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (PMRCL)” as special purpose vehicle (SPV) for implementation of the metro rail project in Patna.
- PMRCL will look into the construction, operation and maintenance of the Metro rail project in the city.
- According to the new DPR of the Metro Rail Project, 2 new Metro trains in East-West and North-South corridors will be run.
- 6-coach metro trains will run in Patna.
- In the future, the provision of adding more coaches will be done in case of increase in traffic.
To know more about recent developments of Patna Metro-
Deepak Kumar is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and analyst .
His focus is on new initiatives on the Railway Sector of India .
Please reach us at email@example.com for more information .