Date Of Post: 16 May, 2018
Patna: National Institute of Technology (NIT)-Patna on Tuesday made a presentation before the urban development & housing department on the Patna Metro rail project. While Rites, is making the DPR (Detailed Project Report) on the project, NIT-Patna is also conducting a survey simultaneously.
- Suresh Kumar Sharma, the urban development & housing minister, said,”The papers prepared by NIT-Patna regarding the comprehensive mobility plan and alternative analysis plan of Metro rail in Patna have been sent to Rites.”
- His department officers would go to New Delhi on May 21 to discuss the project with the secretary of the Union ministry of housing & urban affairs, the minister said.
- The DPR, would be sent to the Centre in June for approval, Sharma said.
- He added,”Once the DPR is sent to the Centre, we would take up the matter of financial prospects. There are a few foreign agencies that want to work in collaboration with us.”
- The Metro project is scheduled to be completed by 2021 at an estimated cost of Rs 16,960 crore.
- The proposed project will have 25 metro stations.
Narinder Sharma is a part of the content team of Rail Analysis India as a writer and marketing executive.
His interest is in the Railways , Metro and Transportation Sector of India .
Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information .