Date of Post: 8 Feb, 2019
Patna: The Public Investment Board (PIB) on Wednesday approved Metro rail projects in Patna. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to lay the foundation stone for the project once the revised DPR (Detailed Project Report) is cleared by the Union cabinet.
- PM Modi will address an NDA rally on 3 March and lay the foundation of the Patna Metro Rail project, sources said.
- The metro rail project will cost Rs 13,400 crore.
- As per the DPR, in the phase-1, a 33.1 kilometer long track will be set up in Patna having 2 corridors:
- East-west corridor
- North-south corridor
- The east-west corridor would run between Danapur and Patna railway station via Dakbungalow Square.
- The North-south corridor would run between the Inter-State Bus Terminal and Gandhi Maidan via Rajendra Nagar and Ashok Rajpath.
- The project is expected to be completed in 5 years from the date of its commencement.
To know more about recent developments of Patna Metro-
26 Nov, 2018 : Centre approves DPR of Patna Metro Rail project
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )