Kochi: Oppo electronics (Kerala) Private Limited and Muthoot Fincorp won the tender for semi-naming rights for 5 stations of the Kochi metro rail on the Aluva-Maharaja’s College Ground stretch. It bestows them with the right to carry their brand names at selected locations at the stations. While the former won the tender for semi-naming rights of Edappally and MG Road stations, Muthoot Fincorp successfully bid for Aluva, Kalamassery, and Kaloor stations.
- KMRL will earn INR 15.20 crore (approx US$ 2.4 Million) a year from the 3 years contract.
- Only 5 out of the 16 stations were available for semi-naming rights.
- KMRL got the highest bid for Edappally station & the lowest for Kalamassery station.
- Meanwhile, a technical team led by CMRS (Commissioner for Metro Rail Safety) K.A. Manoharan will wrap up the three-day inspection of the Kochi metro corridor on Friday.
- The commissioning of the first phase of the metro rail hinges on the safety certificate to be issued by the CMRS.
- The inspection started at Aluva on Wednesday and will end with the checking of the Muttom yard today.