Date of Post: 25 Jan, 2019
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday urged the Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to introduce a Shatabdi Express train between Bhubaneswar & Rourkela via Jharsuguda. He said, the Shatabdi Express would serve the genuine transportation demand of people of these two significantly important cities of the state.
- “I would request that a Shatabdi Express be introduced between Bhubaneswar and Rourkela via Jharsuguda as Jharsuguda is a major industrial hub in western Odisha whereas the Steel city of Rourkela is the 2nd smart city of the state,” Patnaik said in a letter to the Railway Minister.
- The Chief Minister wrote the letter to Goyal, a day before his visit to Jharsuguda.
- “Odisha is the biggest contributor of revenues to Indian Railways in the freight sector, the passenger growth too has been much higher than the national average,” he said.
- Patnaik said,”I would be keenly looking forward to an early favourable response from you on the above proposal.”
- “As there are no direct express trains to Rourkela-Jharsuguda in the morning hours from Bhubaneswar, the proposed Shatabdi Express will be well patronized, thereby making the service financially viable as well,” he added.
To know more about recent developments of Railways –
( Please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. )