Date Of Post: 06 Apr, 2018
A new rake formed with modern high speed LHB coaches is being put into service for Amritsar Swarn Shatabdi Exp. Train (12029/12030 Exp.) from 07/4/2018 (Saturday) has also been upgraded to the Gold Standard (Project Swarn) by Delhi Division of Northern Railway. All 18 coaches of this train have been provided with upgraded interiors / exteriors and amenities to give the passengers travelling in this train very pleasant experience than ever before.
Salient features of the upgraded “Swarn” coaches of Amritsar Swarn Shatabdi are as under: –
- Improved exteriors with vinyl wrapping.
- Aesthetically pleasing interiors with vinyl wrapping of doorway, gangway and inside panel of toilet.
- Vinyl wrapping/ lettering on destination boards & coach number plates.
- Properly framed high quality pictures/ paintings exhibiting regional culture and heritage.
- Proper shelves to be fitted in pantry area for better storage space.
- Provision & fitment of display arrangement of toilet doors for information.
- Anti-Scratch film on luggage rack panel of Shatabdi rakes.
- LED lighting to improve illumination.
- GPS enabled Passenger Announcement and Information System.
- High quality PA system with pleasant music.
Sh. Vishwesh Chaube, General Manager, Northern Railway said that under Swarn project, special emphasis is being given towards upgradation of passenger amenities and aesthetics. Sh. R.N. Singh Divisional Railway Manager, Delhi informed that the upgraded Swarn Shatabdi train between New Delhi and Amritsar with ‘Swarn’ coaches is the 2nd such rake (1st was Kathgodam Shatabdi) that will be pressed into service from 7.4.2018 by Delhi Division and up-gradation works on all balance 11 Shatabdi & 5 Rajdhani trains will be completed by Aug.’2018. In future, Northern Railway also plans to provide CCTV and GPS Based Passenger Information System in all Shatabdi/Rajdhani trains.
Source: Northern Railway | Image Credit: Northern Railway