Date Of Post: 06 Jan, 2018
New Delhi: During the month of December last year, the Northern Railway (NR) achieved the highest-ever freight loading in history. An official note said,”Northern Railway has achieved a revenue loading of 5.01MT during December 2017 which is the highest. Northern Railway has also surpassed the current year target of 4.99 MT for December and loading of 4.32 MT achieved in December last year. Loading in December is 0.02 MT (0.40%) which is more than the target and 0.69 MT (15.97%) more than last year.”
- There has been an increase in Revenue Loading Earning by 145.4 crore (21.50%) & the Jumbo Loading per day has increased from last year.
- It added,”Jumbo Loading has increased from a level of 35.03 jumbo per day in December 2016 to 40.58 jumbos per day in December 2017 registering an increase of 15.84 per cent.”
- There has been a surge in throughput that has increased from 12731 wagons per day in December 2016 to 15213 wagons per day in December 2017 registering an improvement of 19.50%.
- Wagon Holding has also shown significant improvement during December 2017 it was 22,365 wagons per day against 24,642 wagons last year an improvement of 9.24% over last year.
- Wagon turn round has improved from 1.91 in December 2016 to 1.66 achieved in December 2017 registering an improvement of 13.09% in December 2017.
Image Credit: Smeet Chowdhury – Flickr