Date of Post: 13 Sep, 2018
Northeast Frontier Railway (N.F. Railway) has taken a quantum jump towards safety on 12th September, 2018 by eliminating all Unmanned Level Crossings through various means. As on 1st April, 2018, total 151 Unmanned Level Crossings elimination were planned and despite very stiff target and ongoing monsoon, all 151 Unmanned Level Crossings have been eliminated.
Out of the total 151 numbers eliminated, were 136 Unmanned Level Crossings eliminated by Manning, 10 Unmanned level Crossings were eliminated by construction of Road Under Bridge and 5 Unmanned Level Crossings eliminated by direct closing.
It is to be mentioned that under the direction of Minister of Railways, Shri Piyush Goyal all the zones were to eliminate Unmanned level crossing by 31st March, 2019.
By yesterday’s feat N.F. Railway becomes one of the 1st railways to achieve this target ahead of the stipulated time.
Unmanned Level Crossings are considered one of the weakest links in the safety preparedness of Indian Railway as a considerable percentage of accidents have occurred due to carelessness of road users at these unguarded crossings. This is the reason why N.F. Railway had targeted the elimination of Unmanned Level Crossings on mission mode.
To know more about recent developments of Indian Railways-
13 Sep, 2018 : Indian Railways to Conduct 3rd-Party Audit of Nearly 5,000 Bridges
13 Sep, 2018 : Cabinet Approves 100% Electrification of Broad Gauge Routes of Indian Railways
12 Sep, 2018 : Karnataka MP Urges Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to Start Construction of Kolar Rail Coach Factory Project
Source: Northeast Frontier Railway
People Also Viewed :
- 30 March, 2018 Railways Decided To Eliminate All Unmanned Level Crossings On Broad Gauge (BG) Route in Next 2 Years
- 25 November, 2017 Army Starts Work On Three FoBs (foot-over Bridges) At Suburban Stations In Mumbai
- 28 April, 2018 All Unmanned Level Crossings In Critical Zones To Be Eliminated By 2020
- 7 July, 2018 East Coast Railway launches highest ever 06 Limited Height Subways (LHS) between two stations in Sambalpur Division in one day
- 1 March, 2018 A Total of 100 New FoBs Will be Dedicated For The Service of Mumbaikars within Next 12 Months: Piyush Goyal
- 20 November, 2017 Railways Approves The Design Prepared By Army For Construction Of Elphinstone Foot over-Bridge
- 2 May, 2018 Lucknow Division of Northern Railway To Install Gates at 121 Unmanned Level Crossings
- 1 February, 2018 Railway Minister Sh. Piyush Goyal Reviews Ongoing Construction Work Of Foot Over Bridge At Elphinstone Road Railway Station
- 28 June, 2017 Madurai Railway Junction To Soon Have Second Foot overbridge
- 16 November, 2017 Last Span Of India’s Longest Rail-cum-Road ‘Bogibeel Bridge’ Launched